Sentiment analysis in Graphext just became much more powerful with our new enrichment - integrated with an industry-leading model from Cardiff NLP & hosted by Hugging Face.
We've also added detailed documentation about our analysis types on our website and in the app!
Our new sentiment analysis enrichment is built using an industry-leading model from the team at Cardiff NLP and hosted by Hugging Face. Sentiment analysis models predict whether text is positive, negative or neutral. Check out the documentation describing the mechanics of the model here.
Choose this enrichment using the Data Enrichment tab in your project setup wizard to start classifying the sentiment of news headlines, song lyrics, tweets and more text of all shapes and sizes.
How can I start using it?
- Open up a dataset that contains a text variable.
- Choose any type of analysis to perform.
- Inside your Data Enrichment tab, choose Analyze Text Sentiment - Cardiff NLP.
- Select the text variable you want to analyze the sentiment of.
- Complete your project setup.
- Once Graphext has built your project, open it up and explore your new Category of Sentiment (Cardiff NLP) variable.
We've started adding documentation to help you make the most of our analysis types. You can find these in the app using the information icon inside the card for each analysis type or in the docs on our website.
We've written this to help you understand the best way to approach each of our analysis types. Expect walkthroughs, use case examples and exact directions on getting started.
How can I start using it?
- Choose a dataset to work with.
- Click on one of the information icons inside of your project setup wizard.
- Click the link at the bottom of the documentation to read more.
- Fixed a bug causing Graphext to freeze after a user saves a manual segmentation.
- Fixed a bug stopping Trends | Segmented Overview charts from presenting text variables.
- Fixed a design issue making it impossible to download datasets from Details when the dataset has an especially long name.
- Fixed an issue stopping relative mode from being available in published projects.
- Fixed a problem with the transfer of information between Insights and Compare
- Fixed a design issue with the alignment of chart legends inside Insights.
Our latest Data Academy instalment looks at how NLP can be used by businesses to analyze text. Starting from text analysis fundamentals and moving on to look at more complex recent developments in the field of NLP, this article is intended to introduce and equip business and data analysts with knowledge, techniques and tools to take forward in their text analysis projects. Read more.
What's the most important milestone in a relationship? According to data from a Stanford study, it's a day like any other that occurs somewhere between the 4th and 5th anniversary of a relationship. We built a simple project with the intention of finding the moment in a relationship where breaking up is less likely than staying together. Read more.