What is this role all about?
We believe that the best marketing is a great product that is so good, that people need to tell everyone about it when they try it for the first time: word of mouth.
During many years, we haven’t hired a single person for a marketing role because we wanted to focus on making the product great. We recently launched a freemium version of Graphext so anyone can register and try the product independently. We are starting to feel comfortable reaching way more people from those that organically met us (around 100 people a day visit our website organically) by word of mouth and reading our content in social media, primarily in Spanish for now. This also made 80% of the people visiting our website come from Spain (where we are originally from). It's time to make the world know what we are doing (in English).
We also believe the second-best way of doing marketing is education. Buyers now prefer to self-educate. 3 of 4 business software buyers would rather self-educate than learn about a product from a salesperson. Our potential customers are curious and creative minds. They love learning about new things. So that's why we want to bet on high-quality content in multiple forms:
This diagram represents the multiple platforms where we are currently posting content to drive traffic to sign up for Graphext, try the product, and eventually pay for a pro account if they are happy with the solution. 💫
These are some of the principles we want to follow:
- Quality over Quantity. The internet is already full of content. We compete for attention with pages like Towardsdatascience, but especially against Youtubers, Netflix, and even WhatsApp memes, if the content is bad, nobody will read it, and our brand will be irrelevant.
- Be succinct. Every single word counts. We can totally write long pieces (like this job offer) but every paragraph has to say something relevant. Twitter threads are a good way to encapsulate as much meaning as possible.
- Images and Videos over text. The ratio images vs text should be high (not like this job offer)
- Use the language and style of every platform. The same way you speak differently to your parents than to your friends, Twitter and LinkedIn have different audiences, their language and technicality should change.
This Pricenomics content marketing handbook is gold.
We don't expect you to create all this content alone. You will create content, but a big part of your mission is to encourage our team to participate in creating this content, and you will find external collaborators: users that already use the product, customers, influencers, journalists... and you can also count on the design team to help you elaborating this content.
We really admire the way Notion, Figma, or Webflow are building communities of enthusiastic users around their products. We would like to become the data analytics tool in this new generation of SaaS tools.
What we are expecting from you
📊 Data Science Skills
Genuine Curiosity for data analytics - We expect you to be very motivated about the possibilities data is bringing to the world, even if you have all the other skills we are listing below, if you are not passionate about this, we won't succeed.
Data Science Knowledge - You will need to understand a lot of concepts in this field. If you have already studied or learned on your own about data analytics and can even program in Python or R, that's fantastic; otherwise, if you have the motivation, you learn them with us.
🕸 Networking Skills
Knowledge of Existing Data Media - You will be in charge of distributing our content, teach Graphext, reach out to influencers or reporters. If you already know key opinion leaders in this field and publications in this area, that's another extra point.
🗣 Communication Skills
English - As mentioned before, one of our main objectives is to reach an international audience; we expect you to have fluid English if you speak Spanish even better, but for this role, English is more important.
Creativity to generate ideas for content - Even though we have tons of ideas about what to publish, there are probably many other ideas way better we are missing. It will also be your responsibility to prioritize these ideas.
Writing Skills - Clear writing means clear thinking.
Extra points if you...
- You have experience with SEO and SEM.
- You have experience with BI tools like Tableau, and Power BI...
- Knowledge about no-code tools such as Notion, Webflow, Airtable, Zapier, Integromat...
- You have experience using CRMs like Hubspot.
- You have a bachelor's degree or master's or any other educational background that proves you are hard-working, patient, and smart enough! (You can also be all these things without one, but it might save some time for us to test it)
- Previous experience in start-up environments.
About your teammates
You will mainly work with Victoriano, CEO, and co-founder, who is also the person that currently does most of these tasks in Graphext. He is excited to finally hire someone to take this to the next level.
You will also be very close to the business team, led by Andrés and the our data scientists (Alex)
We are now around 20 people in the team that you will also meet and interact with, most of them developers.