You may get an error while uploading a dataset if the file format is not supported. Graphext only supports files in: .arr, .csv .gml, .json, .sav, .tsv, .xlsx and .zip.
Also, supported files need to be in a valid format. The valid format depends on the file type.
A valid .csv must follow these guidelines:
1. Each record is located on a separate line, delimited by a line break (CRLF). For example:
2. The last record in the file may or may not have an ending line break. For example:
3. There maybe an optional header line appearing as the first line of the file with the same format as normal record lines. This header will contain names corresponding to the fields in the file and should contain the same number of fields as the records in the rest of the file (the presence or absence of the header line should be indicated via the optional "header" parameter of this MIME type). For example:
4. Within the header and each record, there may be one or more fields, separated by commas. Each line should contain the same number of fields throughout the file. Spaces are considered part of a field and should not be ignored. The last field in the record must not be followed by a comma. For example:
5. Each field may or may not be enclosed in double quotes (however some programs, such as Microsoft Excel, do not use double quotes at all). If fields are not enclosed with ouble quotes, then double quotes may not appear inside the fields. For example:
6. Fields containing line breaks (CRLF), double quotes, and commas should be enclosed in double-quotes. For example:
7. If double-quotes are used to enclose fields, then a double-quote appearing inside a field must be escaped by preceding it with another double quote. For example:
Any .csv that doesn't follow those guidelines will most likely fail. For further information on a valid .csv please refer to :https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180#page-2
Graphext supports .zip as long as the compressed file is a valid .csv
We know that data isn't always clean and simple.
Have a look through these topics if you can't see what you are looking for.